I met my match......
Yes, I must admit to defeat. I have finally met my match and it has taken over 4 years. Yesterday I met Carsey and Tyler. Mom warned me they were both very VERY shy and I would have trouble getting pictures or having them open up to me. Well, those that know me know I love a challenge. ;o) I'm a kid at heart and thought for sure just the fun of playing would do the trick. It took about 15-20 minutes but finally they warmed up to me enough to carry on conversations, tell me about their pets, play with the toys, playing catch, and discussing all the important stuff 4 year olds do. :o) We agreed to go to the park to play some more and I knew I could capture just the perfect smiles and interaction mom was looking for.
Well....it all fell apart. Just during the ride from the studio to the park they must have forgotten who I was! The fun big person who agreed to play at the park with them....must have fallen from the planet. Carsey was determined not to let me see the amazing side of her that had those sparkling eyes and that smile that goes on forever like she's on top of the world. Tyler tried so hard to keep his distance but fell to my charm and began the usual flirting of his own. Grinning and then taking it back. Trying so hard not to smile at me....and ultimately laughing and agreeing to play and slide with me and swing.
Carsey on the other hand.....finally had a meltdown and when her mother had her private time to ask what was wrong she said, "Well!" Well what her mother ask...."Well, that lady won't stop taking my picture!" and she was serious as a heart attack. She did not want anymore pictures! period! ;o) I finally met my match. A child that never agreed to share her smiles, I had to steal the few I got, but they were precious and I hope you enjoy your previews mom. :o)

The bright side of it all.....remembering 20 years from now the private little girl Carsey once was and how she only shared those special smiles and laughter with mom and dad and select family and friends that love her. Mom will look back and remember her sweet little girl and how she didn't have to share any of that with other strangers of the world. For a brief moment in time Carsey (and Tyler) were all hers.

1 comments:
LOVE the images you shared...but LOVE the way you told the story! so sweet!
Post a Comment