Thursday, October 30, 2008

• Jamie & Chris •


Remember my post from their engagement in the cemetary?! Well, the wedding was held in a very old family church (no longer in use), it had no electricity, running water or indoor plumbing. Just a sanctuary with about a dozen pews and some windows. Candles burning, the old wood stove in the corner, her in a traditional wedding gown, him in his custom made gangster suit made for their costume ball reception. Black and red for wedding colors. There was actually an article on the front page of the Chillicothe paper telling about their wedding.

Gorgeous, middle of nowhere country between Harris & Newtown, we have family buried in the surrounding cemetary and Chris' dad is buried there, hence the reason for the location. The cemetary is said to be haunted. Even more perfect right? No traditional wedding music, it was the music from the movie "halloween".



Saturday night the reception was a costume ball! I think I had more fun dressing up than my daughter! lol My sister flew home from Oklahoma and the three of us went as the witches from hocus pocus. And talk about awesome. Reception hall was complete with homemade coffin, severed heads and fingers in jars, eyeballs, spiders, pumpkins, skulls (you're getting the picture). Bloody sheets hanging on the walls (typical horror movie stuff!). There was a big screen playing in the corner with horror movies going all night, a costume contest and I think they eventually got around to karioke.


The cake was Jack and Sally Skellington from Nightmare Before Christmas, their first dance as husband and wife was to the tune of Wanna Grow Old With You (from the movie the Wedding Singer--thanks guys, I can't get that song out of my head now). It was just so perfect. I can't tell you how much fun it was and how happy they are.







We love you both and we're all so happy that Chris has finally made Jamie a part of our family. Congratulations both of you and thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for asking me to take your pictures. I loved every minute of it, and hope you like the previews. I'll do my best to hurry and get caught up so you can see them all! After we left the reception my sister, Taylor and I went to a local cemetary around midnight to play and take more pictures. And even though I wouldn't admit it to many (cuz I LOVE scarey stuff) it was freakin' creepy!!!! lol that's another post (soon to come!)

0 comments:

Followers

• Contact the Studio •

660.635.0542
1309 E 9th Street
Trenton, MO 64683

• Visitors •