Joseph & Megan - Part 2
This post needs to come with a warning label. I'm warning you.....it's going to be a long post. ;o) I had so much fun during yesterday's celebration. Lots of laughter and more tears of joy than ever. I'm such a sap and always cry during weddings, yes...always. Yesterday was no exception, it was just worse. I've known Megan since she was a little girl, and she used to babysit MY little girl once upon a time. It's just bittersweet to see her grow into a beautiful young woman and begin a new part of her life. A life with Joseph. I was lucky enough to shoot their engagement portraits, and then to watch them exchange vows.
I just felt so at home yesterday. Having worked with Joseph's family before and his sister being one of Taylor's friends, groomsmen that are friends, bridesmaids that are sisters to girls I know and families I've worked with before, flower girls that were once upon a time Tanner's "girlfriends" (did I mention he has a thing for twins?) my home church.....it was all just so comfortable. And my daughter Taylor was my second shooter for the day. Talk about awesome! She captured some beautiful moments and ideas that I never would have thought of. Two creative minds for the price of one. ;o) I want to thank David and Tammy, and Megan and Joseph for choosing me to share this special day with them. I was honored to be trusted with such a responsibility. So, prepare yourselves for tons of previews... I just couldn't stop browsing the flashcards when I got home! I love you all, see you soon.
The guys came prepared to party from the get go! Okay, well maybe not party....after all, Coke in a flask is just to keep you hydrated. Right fellas? ;o)
Joseph has such an old fashioned soul. He didn't want to see his bride before the ceremony and even sent her a gift. A Willow Tree Angel Couple....simple, but perfect.
Okay, Daddy's one surprise for his little girl....a Hummer Limo! Talk about HUGE! It was incredible! And the ride inside....just breathtaking. Everyone deserves to ride in a limo at least once, there's just something sexy about them! The guys and girls had a great time on their way to the reception. ;o)
Megan's ideal day would have been photos outside, but after a bit of consideration decided inside was better as it was getting warm by mid-afternoon and comfort level was more important. Black tuxedos and lots of makeup don't make for 'cool shots'. So we just did a few of her and Joseph alone before they left for their reception. Still fun and beautiful.
We never grow too old to be our daddy's little girl. We just get replaced by granddaughter's eventually. ;o) lol
And last....but certainly not least. The Village People performing their own version of YMCA! The DJ was the best I've seen yet. Had props for lots of songs and I don't know which one I laughed at the most.... Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy, I'm Too Sexy for My Shirt (you know I have evidence Tammy!). It was just a fun time. I know Megan and Joseph are having even more fun on their honeymoon in Maui! Can't wait to see you both again.


2 comments:
Great preview!! I'd been waiting all day! It was a wonderful day...can't wait to see more. You (and Taylor) do great work!!
Thanks Renea for putting something up for us to see. So this AM while home alone, I gazed at the pics and had my "good" cry that I was able to hold in all day Saturday. Can't believe my little girl is all grown up! Can't wait to see the rest of the pics and of course my special dance with the "Chipendales"! (LOL)
Post a Comment