Christ is Risen!
He is Risen indeed!! What does Easter mean for you? I had anxiously been looking forward to church this morning since last week, attending Maunday Thursday service was a touching evening, and this morning, to wake up to a brand new day, a new beginning, a new life in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. And then it hit me....that dreaded flu that everyone is passing around. I haven't felt good for a couple of days and this morning was the icing on the cake. And I'm missing seeing all the familiar faces of Sunday morning, of watching my youngest son help with service as his daddy took him to church without me. Seeing all the other children in their new Easter outfits and the bright pretty clothes and shiny new shoes. I'm home sick and celebrating in my heart what this special day is intended for.
I'm watching a church service on television and the preacher has pointed out something I guess most people never really think about. All time has been split into two divisions. BC and AD. Before Christ and After Death. If that's what our years have been how could anyone doubt, how could anyone not believe? It's 2008, two thousand and eight years since the stone was rolled away and the tomb was found empty. Two thousand and eight years since our Savior was risen from the dead. Can you imagine the look on Mary's face? The joy and awe that fell over them all at seeing Jesus alive again! Can You Imagine?!
Wishing you a Happy Easter today. Believing in that resurrection and accepting Christ as my Savior guarantees me one thing:
I'm watching a church service on television and the preacher has pointed out something I guess most people never really think about. All time has been split into two divisions. BC and AD. Before Christ and After Death. If that's what our years have been how could anyone doubt, how could anyone not believe? It's 2008, two thousand and eight years since the stone was rolled away and the tomb was found empty. Two thousand and eight years since our Savior was risen from the dead. Can you imagine the look on Mary's face? The joy and awe that fell over them all at seeing Jesus alive again! Can You Imagine?!
Wishing you a Happy Easter today. Believing in that resurrection and accepting Christ as my Savior guarantees me one thing:
Revelation 21:4-5
4And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new.
5And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new.
photo courtesy of my sister :o) Reflections of Me Photography
0 comments:
Post a Comment