Tugging at my Heart Strings
Today has been a long and difficult day. I woke this morning to see a beautiful sun bursting through the clouds and one of those moments you wish you could take a picture (okay, my camera was at home, I was taking the kids to school), and I missed it. But I thought to myself as I drove watching the sun move, counting the rays of sunshine as they touched the ground....This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Today would be a good day. God had a plan for me today....
Little did I know what that plan would be. I joined an organization called Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep over a year ago. After reading about it and researching feeling the need to belong and help families I wanted to be available if ever there was a need in our community/area. The organization is for families that have lost a child by whatever means God has chosen. Stillborn, disease/health issues, accidents. And that was God's plan for my day. I was called to the hospital to serve for a family who lost their newborn this morning. A perfect, beautiful little baby, ten fingers, ten toes, tiny little perfect features. One of God's miracles. For the lives of the people this child had touched will never again be the same.
It helped to put some aspects of my life into perspective this morning. Worrying about why my house needs to be cleaned, my work is backing up, my daughter has a first softball game that I wondered how I would sit through and struggle with issues. Hmmmm.... And then I was touched by this little miracle. Forgive me if I didn't get all my calls returned today, or the proofing done I know I need to finish, or previews posted. I have spent my day working on a gift for a family, and cuddling with my own 3 yr old. Thank you Lord for my many blessings, and please, kiss my angel girl for me that I never got to hold, and comfort this family as they struggle to understand your master plan.
Tomorow is a new day. Click on the banner shown here to find out more about this organization and resources for families.
Infant Bereavement Photography ~ Allowing families to honor and cherish their babies, and share the spirits of their lives.
0 comments:
Post a Comment