Christmas Pics - Round 1
Today was the first day for Limited Edition Christmas Portraits. The really cool part about the day was surprising everyone with the set. Due to some construction at the studio we had to relocate for the weekend to do holiday portraits so I wasn't exactly sure what we were going to be doing for a set. Servelink was kind enough to allow me to use the side office of their building and we 'bartered' services. ;o) We'll be doing office and business portraits for them very soon!
So, I took advantage of the gorgeous interior that used to be the old ice plant and came up with my 'living room'. When they remodeled they maintained most of the brick from the building and it is beautiful!
The set comes complete with fireplace, Christmas trees surrounded by presents, decorations and antique teddy bears. I was a bit worried that the big picture windows would be a problem and the outdoors would peak through the sheer curtains I put up. I didn't want the Shell station to be in the background. Wouldn't that make for a lovely holiday sentiment on a greeting card! lol :o) But I made it work to my advantage and it also provided some beautiful hi-key images!
Some people liked the brick so much so that we used only the ice plant walls. Kristi always likes the modern/funky, not-so-ordinary portraits that no one else has. The rest of the outtakes from the family pics with Simon (the dog) are going to make an awesome Christmas card!
And, then of course my little River showed up this afternoon. Mom had warned me that he didn't want to wear a traditional Christmas outfit. He had picked his own clothes which included his black sneakers, and a black sweater with a skull and cross bones. It's adorable! So I couldn't have something 'traditional' for his pictures now could I? My little rebel got to do some graffiti with 'snow' paint! lol The warehouse area of the ice house still has the brick and some of the pipes. Snow in a can was his weapon this afternoon. And he loved it! But I bet mom and dad loved it more. ;o) His outtakes and spray painting antics are going to make his Christmas cards one-of-a-kind.
Tomorrow begins another day packed with little cuties! Lots of fun and someday....very very soon....more surprises! Hmmmm.....I wonder what it could be??
0 comments:
Post a Comment