• CP •

Canaan, better known as CP, came for some quick and simple senior portraits today. All the way from itty bitty Newtown. You know, that town where they trained a top-state-ranked basketball team?! Yeah, that one! Congratulations again to CP and all the boys for their awesome accomplishment!
It was nice to see Becky and CP this morning, and as I was going through proofs to pick a preview or two I was warmed by the thought of how these kids (young adults) are 'trained'. Newtown is a part of who my family is, where they come from, and who we are. Simple, proud, Christian families. And after some recent conversations and too many bio channel tv shows, it was nice to be reminded that God is working in more ways than I realize from time to time.
Canaan's only request for outdoor photos was a trip to the cross. I had an idea in mind, but knowing exactly how it would pan out this evening as I worked on proofs brings a smile to my face. I ask Canaan to open his Bible and 'pretend' to read and as I ask what he was reading or if he just opened it up, he said he just opened it up. And if you look closely, the page he came across in a split second says "The Existence of God". How incredible huh? Yes, He does exist, He is very real, and He has to be very proud of young men like Canaan. I had a conversation with someone just yesterday about how they know and experience these great kids from this little corner of the world and their faith. Canaan showed me that faith today, and that kindness that God wants us to show to everyone. Thank you Canaan for a great morning. I hope you enjoy your previews and don't mind me bragging on you too much. ;o) I can only imagine the pride your parents feel as they see the man you have become. Congratulations on your senior year.... I'll be watching you from the bleachers next year too! ;o)

1 comments:
What a GREAT post! you know this young man well...great shots...
Post a Comment